More Regex Resources
NoteRegular expressions are very powerful tools and they don't always work quite the way that you would expect. As a result, they can also be dangerous. An untested regular expression can fail to match what you want it to match, and it can match what you don't expect it to match. To ensure safe use of your regular expressions, always test them, and never test them on live data. The links provided below represent some of the best tutorials and resources for learning and working with regular expressions that are available on the Internet; however, you must always test any of their examples or any of the regular expressions you develop based on their tutorials on sample data.
- Perl Regular Expressions Reference, ActiveState Programmer Network (ASPN)
- Perl Regular Expressions Tutorial, ActiveState Programmer Network (ASPN)
- Five Habits for Successful Regular Expressions, The O'Reilly ONLamp Resource Center
- Beginner's Introduction to Perl - Part 3, The O'Reilly Perl Resource Center
- Power Regexps, Part II, The O'Reilly Perl Resource Center
- http://regexlib.com/ provides numerous regular expression examples, including regular expressions for matching emails and URIs.
© 2017 Sophos Limited. All rights reserved.