Viewing and Managing Reports
PureMessage offers predefined reports that provide key performance statistics in the form of graphs and tables.
The global administrator has access to the same reports as group administrators and can also access the Queue Status report, which provides statistics about queued messages.
The names of all the PureMessage reports are displayed on the Report Types sidebar of the Reports tab. The following reports are available:
- Message Categories: Shows the number of messages detected as blocked, spam, virus, delivered, or other (neither virus nor spam). If PureMessage determines that a message contains spam and also contains a virus, the message counts toward the virus total only. By default, a message is marked as being spam if its spam probability score is 50% or greater.
- Message Categories per Group: Shows the number of messages (per group) detected as blocked, spam, virus, delivered, or other (neither virus nor spam).
- Top Virus Types: Shows the virus types (categorized by virus ID) found in messages. For details on recent viruses by ID, see the "Latest virus identities" page on the Sophos website.
- IP Blocked Messages: Shows the number of messages blocked and not blocked at the policy level on the basis of IP address.
- Rejected MTA Connections: Shows the number of connections rejected due to MTA-level IP blocking.
- Policy Mark Hits: Shows a count of keys in the message log. If log-marking actions have been added to specific policy rules, this report can be used to monitor the number of times those rules are triggered.
- Queue Status: This report is only available to global administrators, and it only applies if you are using Postfix as your mail transfer agent (MTA). Postfix is installed by default with the Full Install installation option. This report shows the total and top 20 domains' messages queued overall and by each server. The times are shown in minutes. The Report Parameters sidebar contains a Queue drop-down list for selecting a specific Postfix queue. The Default queue displays the combined activity from Active and Incoming queues.
- Top Relays: Shows the top relays by number of messages.
- Top Spam Relays: Shows the top spam relays by number of detected spam messages.
- Top Virus Relays: Shows the virus types (categorized by virus ID) found in messages. For details on recent viruses by ID, see the "Latest virus identities" page on the Sophos website.
- Top Other Relays: Shows the top spam relays by number of other messages (those that are classified as neither spam nor virus). This report can help you fine-tune your spam filtering performance by highlighting other relays (for example, partners) you may want to add to your approved hosts.
- Top Spam Senders: Shows the top spam senders by number of detected spam messages.
- Top Virus Senders: Shows the top virus senders by number of detected virus messages.
- Top Spam Recipients: Shows the top spam recipients by number of detected spam messages. This report can help you understand which users receive large volumes of spam, allowing you to create custom policy rules to more aggressively filter spam for a group of users or a specific individual.