Typically, quarantined messages have an uncertain spam probability threshold (50% or greater), or they contain viruses that may be removable but should be processed manually, or they are encrypted, or they contain unscannable attachments that should be manually examined.
- /opt/pmx6/bin/pmx-qman : The PureMessage quarantine manager.
- /opt/pmx6/bin/pmx-qindex : Makes new messages in the PureMessage quarantine available.
- /opt/pmx6/bin/pmx-qmeta-index : Indexes the metadata in quarantined messages for faster searching.
- /opt/pmx6/bin/pmx-qsearch : Searches for messages in the quarantine.
- /opt/pmx6/bin/pmx-queue : Manages queued messages.
- /opt/pmx6/bin/pmx-qexpire : Expires messages in the PureMessage quarantine.
: Iterates through the centralized storage of requests for approvals, forwards or deletes
quarantined messages, and processes them. Usually run as a scheduled service.
Related Configuration Files
- /opt/pmx6/etc/pmx.d/pmdb.conf : Specifies the location of the quarantine store, "pmx_quarantine", the type of the quarantine (directory or database) and the information needed to connect to the database if that type is selected. Also sets whether this store or some other is used for resources and reports data.