PureMessage 6 Installation
When upgrading from PureMessage 5.6.1 to PureMessage 6, you will be prompted to install version 6.
The Full Installation option installs PureMessage on a single server. The Custom Installation option allows you to upgrade to version 6 in a multi-server deployment.
If you want to make changes to a multi-server deployment, such as using a different mail transfer agent or re-assigning PureMessage roles, you should re-install PureMessage. For more information, see Custom Installation in the "PureMessage Installation" section.
$PMX_TERMenvironment variable of either
vt100. If you have trouble with your installer's display, use one of these combinations.
PureMessage includes a menu-based installer that streamlines the installation process. This installer launches in a console window. The window is partitioned into two sections; the left side displays installation options, and the right side displays help text. Use the following keyboard commands to navigate the installer:
- Tab : moves cursor from one option to another
- Left/Right Arrow : shifts focus between the left and right panes of the installer
- Up/Down Arrow : scrolls the text in the right pane of the installer (if the right pane has focus)
- Space Bar : selects the highlighted option or check box(es)
- Enter : accepts the selected options or check box(es)