Managing the IP Blocker Service
The IP Blocker service rejects messages originating from IP addresses blacklisted by SophosLabs. Enabling this option can improve performance by blocking spam before it reaches more complex tests in the policy.
The IP Blocker Service: Status page shows the following information in the Blocker Status table:
- Status: Whether the service is running.
- Summary: The PureMessage package name that provides this service and the port used to access it.
- Config: Whether the configuration of this service is current.
- Port: The port number used to communicate with this service.
- PID: The Unix/Linux Process ID.
To manage the IP Blocker Service: Click Start, Restart, or Stop to perform these actions. Only currently available actions are displayed.