Using the Manager Interface
The image above shows the PureMessage Manager, as viewed in a web browser. Note the labels for the basic parts of the Manager's graphical interface. They are referred to throughout the documentation and are as follows:
The Banner is at the top of the Manager. On the right side of the Banner are the Logout link and the My Account link. The latter lets you access a page where you can change your password (see "Changing Your Password" for more information.
The Sidebar on the left edge of every tab provides links to pages that can be displayed within the current tab, as well as links to help topics for the current page and links to other relevant parts of the PureMessage documentation.
The Content Pane displays the various pages of the PureMessage Manager interface, each of which contains information, configurable settings or management controls for specific aspects of PureMessage. Clicking a tab causes the default page for that tab to be displayed in the content pane.
The PureMessage Manager tabs and their functions are as follows:
- Dashboard tab provides a high-level overview of the status of the PureMessage system.
- Policy tab provides the ability to configure the PureMessage system's policy, which determines mail-filtering behavior.
- Quarantine tab provides capabilities to manage PureMessage quarantines, which are directories for the temporary storage of problematic (or potentially problematic) messages. Typically, quarantines are used for potential spam messages that can be reviewed later by administrators or end users to determine if they want to release (deliver) or delete them, or for virus-infected messages that you choose to retain for legal, organizational policy, or forensic reasons.
- Reports tab displays three of the key reports by default. It allows you to generate a wide variety of reports, export the report data for use in other applications, and schedule automatic report emails.
- Local Services tab provides a means to manage and configure the network services and scheduled jobs running on the local system.
- Server Groups tab provides capabilities to manage services on other hosts in a multi-server PureMessage system, as well as to publish policy and related configuration settings from the Central Server Manager (CSM) system to other PureMessage systems.
- Support tab provides a variety of PureMessage support and system maintenance information and capabilities.