Searching the Logs
Search the logs by building queries with the options available on the Search Parameters sidebar. Results are displayed in the Search Results pane, where they can be viewed.
To search the logs:
Define the parameters for your logs search by setting one or more of the following:
NoteThe text boxes support string-based searches. All text boxes except ID support the "*" wildcard. Searches are case-insensitive
- Sender: Enter a full or partial sender's email address.
- Recipient: Enter a full or partial recipient's email address.
- Start Date Range: Type the date and time in YYYY-MM-DD [hh:mm] format. If you do not specify hours and minutes, the start time is 0:00.
- End Date Range: Type the date and time in YYYY-MM-DD [hh:mm] format. If you do not specify hours and minutes, the end time is 23:59.
- Host: Enter a full or partial hostname or IP address of a host involved in the transmission of a message.
- ID: Enter an identification number assigned to a message during
processing. You can use this text box to search for the following types of message ID
- Queue ID: PureMessage assigns a unique Queue ID to each message in the quarantine. To view a message's Queue ID, click the message subject, and then click Info.
- Quarantine Digest ID: When PureMessage generates quarantine digests, each message listed in the digest is assigned an ID code.
- Header Message ID: If the format of the search string resembles a header message ID (for example, by containing an "@" separator), the contents of this field are tested against the value in the Message-ID header. To view a message's Message-ID header, click the message subject, and then click Source.
- Action: From the drop-down list, select the action that caused the message to be logged. The available options include Deliver, Discard, Quarantine and Reject. The default is to search for any of these actions.
- Reason: From the drop-down list, select the reason that the email was logged. The available options include Allow List, Block List, Blocked, Offensive, Spam and Virus. The default is to search for any of these reasons.
- Results to Return: From the drop-down list, select the number of results rows to display at one time. The maximum is 1,000.
Matches for the search are displayed in a table in the Search Results pane. The total number of results is displayed at the bottom left of the pane.