Adding Custom Graphics to the End User Web Interface
PureMessage allows you to replace the Sophos graphics in the End User Web Interface (EUWI) with custom graphics (for example, logos associated with an organization or company). These graphics will be displayed to email recipients who manage their quarantined messages through the EUWI.
To add a custom logo:
- Log on to the EUWI server as the PureMessage user, "pmx6" by default.
Create a custom graphics directory within the skins directory that
will be used to store custom logos. Run the following commands:
cd /opt/pmx6/lib/manager/HTTPD/www/skins/ cp -r default <CustomGraphicsDirName>
The cp command creates a new directory based on the default directory.
Go to the /opt/pmx6/etc/enduser/enduser_ui.conf file, and add the line:
skin = <CustomSkinName>
This configures the EUWI to use the new custom graphic when the HTTPD (RPC/UI) service restarts.
If an enduser_ui.conf.ppmdist file is found in the
/opt/pmx6/etc/enduser/ directory, move it to the home directory of the
PureMessage user by running the following commands:
cd /opt/pmx6/etc/enduser/ mv enduser_ui.conf.ppmdist ~/enduser_ui.conf.ppmdist.backup
Alternatively, delete the file by replacing the mv command with:
[Optional] Customize logos as required, according to the following guidelines:
- Use .gif files only.
- Do not modify any files or permissions of files in the /opt/pmx6/lib/manager/HTTPD/www/skins/default/ directory.
- Do not modify the filenames in the /opt/pmx6/lib/manager/HTTPD/www/skins/<CustomSkinName>/ directory; in other words, change the content but use the same filename.
- Keep the permission; compare against files under the /opt/pmx6/lib/manager/HTTPD/www/skins/default/ directory.
- Someone with web design expertise can further customize the EUWI by modifying the /background_image.css file and /main.css file.
Finalize the customization by running these commands:
pmx-profile sync-to-db --resource=enduser_ui_config --force pmx-httpd restart
- Launch the EUWI to view the customization.
skin = default, and then perform steps 6 and 7 above.