Upgrading to PureMessage 5.6.1 from a Tarball Distribution
Perform the following steps to complete a tarball upgrade on a single server configuration. If you are upgrading multiple PureMessage servers, also refer to "Multi-Server Upgrade" in "Upgrading to PureMessage 5.6.1"
- You must perform this procedure as the root user.
- This procedure assumes that you have completed the "Downloading and Extracting the Tarball" steps in "Tarball Distribution."
Run the PureMessage upgrade command. Assuming, the
default installation directory (/opt/pmx) is used, and the tarball was
extracted to /tmp/pmxrepo, run :
- On the main menu, select the Upgrade PureMessage Components option, and then press Enter .
- Select Upgrade components, and then press Enter .
You are prompted to stop PureMessage before
continuing the installation. Select Yes, and press
Updating the PureMessage components may take a few minutes. When all packages are upgraded successfully, press Enter .
- Once the tarball upgrade has completed, select Change Repository.
In the Change Repository text box, enter:
Select OK, and press Enter .
- Select Return to the main menu, and then press Enter .
- Select Exit the installer, and then press Enter .