Single-Server Upgrade (Version 5.6.1 to 6.0)
Perform the following steps to upgrade from PureMessage 5.6.1 to PureMessage 6 on a single PureMessage server. To upgrade a PureMessage deployment of two or more servers, see the "Multi-Server Upgrade (Version 6)" section, which explains the correct order and procedure for updating servers.
Run the PureMessage upgrade script, located in
pmx-setupNotePureMessage uses certificate validation to verify the authenticity of software and data updates. If you want to exercise the utmost caution, you can verify the update program itself. For more information, see "Validating the PureMessage Upgrade Program".
- When prompted to retrieve the new version of pmx-setup, press Enter to accept.
You are then prompted to upgrade to PureMessage 6.
ImportantYou must accept the latest version of PureMessage to take advantage of Version 6 features, and ensure that future updates are performed correctly.
- Press Enter to upgrade to PureMessage 6.
- A message is displayed that briefly explains the upgrade/migration steps. Press y to continue with the Version 6 upgrade.
- As a precaution, you are prompted to stop PureMessage 5.6.1, even if it is already stopped. Press Enter .
- You are now ready to begin the installation. See "PureMessage 6 Installation" for more information.