Editing Administrator Group Accounts
In the Administrators section of the Local
Services sidebar, click the name of the administrator account
that you want to edit.
The Manager Status page, containing the Edit User table, is displayed.
Change the information for the selected account as required.
The text boxes that can be changed are:
- Group: You can change the name of the group.
Permissions: You can change the group permissions.NoteThe permissions mostly equate to which tabs (actually modules) that the user can access. The modules that differ from the available tabs are:
- View message content - Determines whether the user can view message content in the quarantine search results lists.
- RPC - Required to make any changes on remote systems on the Server Groups tab, such as starting, restarting, or stopping services on, and publishing configuration settings to, remote systems
- RPC: view status - Lets users view information on remote systems on the Server Groups tab, but does not permit them to make changes.
- miniserv - This module must be selected to enable the next option, "Session authentication never expires".
- Session authentication never expires - This should always be granted, or the users ability to log on will expire.
- Once you have finished making changes, click Save.
© 2017 Sophos Limited. All rights reserved.