Creating Administrator Groups
On the sidebar of the Local Services tab, click
New beside Groups.
The Manager Status page, containing the Add Group table, is displayed.
Fill in the text boxes in the Add Group table.
The text boxes are:
- Group: Enter a name for the group.
Permissions: Select the check boxes beside the modules to which you want to grant group access.NoteThe permissions mostly equate to which tabs (actually modules) that the user can access. The modules that differ from the available tabs are:
- View message content - Determines whether the user can view message content in the quarantine search results lists.
- RPC - Required to make any changes on remote systems on the Server Groups tab, such as starting, restarting, or stopping services on, and publishing configuration settings to, remote systems.
- RPC: view status - Lets users view information on remote systems in the Server Groups tab, but does not permit them to make changes.
- miniserv - This module must be checked to enable the next option, "Session authentication never expires".
- Session authentication never expires - This should always be granted, or the users ability to log on will expire.
Once you have set the group name and permissions, click
The name of the created group is displayed in the Groups section of the sidebar.