Creating Administrator Accounts
Access to the Manager is controlled by profiles for individual users and groups of users, which include access permissions to the various PureMessage modules.
To create a PureMessage Manager administrator account:
On the sidebar of the Local Services tab, click
New beside Administrators.
The Manager Status page, containing the Add User table, is displayed.
In the Add User table, fill in the text boxes.
The text boxes:
- Name: Enter the full name of the user.
- Login: Enter the username for the account.
- Enabled: Select Yes to enable the account, or No to keep the account inactive.
Password and Confirm Password: Enter and confirm the account's initial password.NoteIf, at some point, you choose to temporarily disable an administrator account, you must reset the password when you re-enable the account.
- Member of: Select the check boxes beside each group this administrator will be a member of. Click the name of the group to access the Edit Group page, which shows the access permissions that are granted to that group.
Permissions: Select the desired check boxes to grant the user permissions in addition to the permissions granted by their group membership(s).NoteThe permissions mostly equate to which tabs (actually modules) that the user can access. The modules that differ from the available tabs are:
- View message content - Determines whether the user can view message content in the quarantine search results lists.
- RPC - Required to make any changes on remote systems on the Server Groups tab, such as starting, restarting, or stopping services on, and publishing configuration settings to, remote systems.
- RPC: view status - Lets users view information on remote systems On the Server Groups tab, but does not permit them to make changes.
- miniserv - This module must be checked to enable the next option, "Session authentication never expires".
- Session authentication never expires - This should always be granted, or the user's ability to log on will expire.
Once you have created the user profile, click Save.
The username of the created account is displayed in the Administrators section of the sidebar.