Changing Milter Configuration Options
In the Background Services table on the Local
Services tab, click Milter (Policy), and
then click Milter Options on the sidebar.
The Milter Options page is displayed.
Change the text boxes in the Interpreters table as required.
The text boxes are:
- Concurrent Interpreter Limit: Specifies how many concurrent requests PureMessage can service at any given time. The default is calculated during installation, based on the physical memory available on the system.
- Concurrency Limit Action: Specifies the action to take if the concurrency limit is reached. Valid option values are 'wait', 'tempfail' or 'accept'. The default is 'tempfail'.
- Preload Interpreters: Specifies how many perl interpreters should be started for a multithreaded milter. The default is the number of CPUs on the system multiplied by five.
- Interpreter Reinitialization (number of connections): Specifies how many connections a perl interpreter will serve before it is reinitialized. A value of 0 means never reinitialize. The default is 2048.
- Use Threads: Disabling this option makes the milter(s) fork new processes to handle new connections instead of using a new thread. The default is "no" on all platforms.
- Milter umask: Sets the umask value for the milter process. The default is 007.
- Debug Output Level: Selects the verbosity in the milter log. Higher levels result in more verbose logging. The default is "No Debug Output", which means that log messages with DEBUG priority are suppressed.
- Message Buffer Size: Sets the internal buffer size that can be used to hold each message. Messages bigger than this are temporarily written to disk. The default is 1,000,000 (roughly 1 MB).
- Maximum Requests Allowed Before Removal: When the process pool is enabled, this option specifies how many connections a process is allowed to handle before it stops and a new process can take its place. The default is 0, which means that processes are not retired.
- Maximum Time Idle Before Removal From Pool: When the process pool is enabled, this option specifies how long a process in the pool can stay idle before it goes away. The default is 5m.
- Log Connection Time: If enabled, a log entry is written to the milter log for the time spent on each connection. The default is "off".
- Log Message Processing Time: If enabled, a log entry is written to the milter log for the time spent on each message. The default is "off".
- Timestamp Logs in GMT: Specify whether the log timestamps use GMT time or local time. The default is "no".
- Click Save.
© 2017 Sophos Limited. All rights reserved.