Adding a Host
Hosts can be added automatically by clicking Scan the network on the Server Groups tab or Find Hosts on the sidebar; however hosts added this way don't have all the information that is required to remotely access the host, so the host information has to be edited.
To add a host:
On the sidebar of the Server Groups tab, click Add
The Add Host page is displayed.
- In the Host Alias text box of the Host form, enter a meaningful name for the host.
- In the Description text box, enter a description of the host's role.
- In the Hostname text box, enter the fully qualified domain name (for example, "mailserver.myco.com") of the host.
- In the Port text box, enter "18080" (the port on which the PureMessage Manager runs).
- In the User text box, enter "rpcuser".
- In the Password text box, enter the rpcuser password as set in the preparation for this procedure.
- Click Save.