Setting Anti-Virus Options
On the sidebar of the Policy tab, click
The Anti-Virus Options page is displayed.
In the Anti-Virus Options table, change any of the
following text boxes as required:
- Enabled: Select this check box to enable virus-scanning using the Sophos engine.
- Quick Scan: Quick scan analyzes the message for file types (and areas within those files) that can harbor viruses, thus reducing the amount of the message that needs to be scanned. Full scan performs the same tests as quick scan; in addition, it scans each byte of the message for patterns that match known viruses. Because email message sizes are generally quite small, full scan is recommended. The Sophos virus engine will stop scanning the message when a virus is found, regardless of this setting. This option is enabled by default.
- Run As Service: Specify whether the anti-virus engine should be run as a service ("daemon") or should be loaded by the PureMessage engine. If run as a service, the Anti-Virus service can be started and stopped as a separate component on the Local Services tab of the PureMessage Manager. Configure the service's operating parameters on the Anti-Virus Service Options page.
- On Error: Specify the action that should be performed if the virus engine fails. Set this value based on whether it is more important to prevent viruses (Temp Fail) or deliver messages (Pass Through).
- Scan Archives: If this option is enabled, the anti-virus scanner unpacks and scans all supported archive types. To enable or disable the scanning of specific archive types, edit the sophos.conf configuration file.
- Scan Self-Extracting Archives: If this option is enabled, the anti-virus scanner searches inside PKLite, LZEXE and Diet archives.
Once you have made the required changes in the Anti-Virus
Options table, click Save.
A message box appears, informing you that your changes have been saved.
You are returned to the Rules page.
© 2017 Sophos Limited. All rights reserved.