Managing Quarantined Messages
To perform management operations on quarantined messages:
- Select the check box to the left of the message(s) on which you want to perform a particular management action.
Click the button for the action that you want to perform:
Alternatively, you can click Delete All, which sets all the messages that matched your query to be moved to the var/qdir/trash directory the next time that pmx-qmeta-index is run.
- Approve: Approves quarantined messages for delivery to the original recipient. A copy of the approved message is sent to the original recipient, and a copy is kept in the quarantine (in the var/qdir/sent directory). These are eventually deleted (or archived) by the pmx-qexpire scheduled service. If you attempt to approve a message containing a virus, PureMessage prompts you to confirm the approval. A message appears at the top of the query results page indicating the number of messages approved.
- Delete: Moves selected messages to the var/qdir/trash directory. These messages are eventually deleted (or archived) via the pmx-qmeta-index scheduled service.
- Forward: Forwards one or more messages to a specified recipient. If you select this management option, a Forward message form is displayed. Enter the email address to which you want the message forwarded, and click Send. The message is not removed from the quarantine queue.
- Save: Saves selected messages retrieved from the quarantine. Saved messages are exported to a file in mbox format. PureMessage prompts you to enter a destination file for the message(s). If you select this management option, a Save message form is displayed. Enter the destination filename and click Save. Saved messages are not removed from the quarantine.
© 2017 Sophos Limited. All rights reserved.